Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things.

It's been a while since I blogged and sewn anything for that matter. Well, I'm here to tell you I'm back to both. I don't know got into me, but, I've been sewing, sewing, sewing. (don't tell anyone,but, I'm loving it).
I was able to demonstrate improv quilting to our guild last week, so, needless to say, I had to get some examples ready. Now have the start of 4 more quilts. It was really fun sharing one of my favorite ways to quilt. I did notice some deer in the headlights looks from the traditional quilters in the group. I could just hear them thinking to themselves, "What the heck is this stuff? What, no pattern!!! This just looks like a big mess!!! Oh my, that color is just too bright and wild for me!!! I do have to say, I did get a kick out it. Nothing like shocking a few people ever now and then. (I seem to do this on a daily basis.)
I have some pics, but, I don't know how to download them to my new laptop, so, when I figure it out, I will share.
One other thing I'm looking forward to is, I get to teach a workshop on paper piecing in April. Can't wait. Better get busy and make some demo blocks and brush up on my PP skills. (again, pics will follow).
Oh, yea, I'm also taking part in a block swap with Tulsa Modern Quilt Guild. We are making 10 blocks each month and then swap them to come up a one of a kind quilt. Just finished up 6 of them yesterday, 4 to go.
Oh, yea, one more thing. Our guild is doing a pizza box quilt for the next 8 months, and, YES, I'm going that one too!
WOW, I've gone from 0 to full throttle in 60 seconds.
Life is good. Sewing is fun. Sharing is great!!!!

(I'll try the pics later, keep finger crossed I can figure it out)

No comments: