Thursday, May 31, 2012

What's UP????

What's been going on????
Well, a little of this and a lot of that. 
A couple of days ago I woke up to a few friends coming to visit. 
Aren't they amazing? I love sitting on the back porch in the morning drinking my coffee and enjoying the view. 

 Here's what I found above the door on our storage building. I think there are 4, but, didn't want to make Mommy bird mad, so, this is the best picture I could get. They are so tiny, and, so cute.  

We now have a level foundation. 
This is one of seven piers we had to get installed on the east side of our house. Don't ask me why I had to take a picture of the hole with all the trash in it. Just lucky, I suppose.
The house had a few little cracks, but, nothing major, till one of our little Oklahoma earthquakes. Really, Oklahoma has earthquakes. For some reason, it only effected the east side of the foundation. But, hey, what's to be expected, the house was built back in 1982 and at thirty I was beginning to show my age too.
 Now on to the good stuff. 
This is what's on the design wall. My WIP. 
A couple of weeks ago I got to teach a PP workshop for our quilting guild. It was a blast. We have some amazing quilters in our guild, so, it was a treat for me to help expand their talents. 
Anyway, this is one of the patterns I used in class, circling geese, so, it kinda got me motivated to do a full quilt. 
OK, can you find my Boo Boo????
 Yeep, three of my geese decided to fly in the wrong direction. I didn't catch them till I took the picture and they stuck out like a sore thumb. 
So, seam ripper here I come. 
Now, doesn't that look better???
 That's what's been going on in my neck of the woods. 
What's happening in yours? 
I would love to hear what you're up to, and, what
you're working on now. 

1 comment:

bernie said...

I am glad you got your foundation all leveled out. The little baby birds are so sweet. Your flying geese in progress looks like it is ready to spin off the wall. Neat!
Bernie