Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's been a long time coming

Well, it's taken me some time to figure out how to get some of my pictures downloaded, but, I did it!

Nothing like getting a new computer, new camera, and, being a computer dummy to make your life easier. Guess I just proved, you can teach an ole dog new tricks.

So, here are a couple of the quilts I'm working on. Got to say, I'm really liking all this improv designs. But, since I'm one of those people that never liked following directions, this type of quilting is right up my alley. Just a little side note, I can remember (way back) almost every report card from 1st grade on, teachers would check the box next to: Does not follow directions. Dah, go figure. I had one teacher tell me, I was like a wild horse that couldn't be broken. Don't you love it???

Ok, on to the quilts.

They are works in progress,but, I'm loving them.
On this one I just started cutting, sewing, and, wacking. One of my favorite ways to quilt. I needed a new quilt for my black, white and red room, so, that's way the little bit of red. This is the start, I have changed it up a bit, so, further pictures to come.


I saw a quilt like this on the web and knew I have to have on like it. Great use of Drunkers Path. Again, WIP.

I had a wild hair and pulled all my solids out and started by cutting a bunch of wedges. Not sure where this one is going, but, it will get there.

Well, there it is, just a couple of things going on in my quilting world. Hope you enjoy them.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I really like the black, white and red quilt you're working on. You'll have to bring it to guild when it's all finished. Have you read the blog, MarveLes Art Studios? The quilts look a lot like the quilts you're so famous for. I'll see you at guild. -- Valerie