Sunday, July 1, 2012

Here I go again.

Here I am again. Once again, it's been a while. Anyway, here's a couple of things I have been up to. 

Here's the latest design I have chosen to go with.  
I really like the on-point look with the little geese inserted to break up all the blocks.  My other favorite, lining the blocks at the middle of each, instead of point to point. 
I still have a lot of work before this one is finished, but, I'm getting there.  Now, all I have to do is catch a few more geese, line 'em up, and, stitch 'em up. 
 Are you ready for something REALLY, REALLY COOL?
Let me set the stage, so to speak. My Niece, who can take trash and make it into an amazing treasure, is building a studio attached to her garage. That's pretty cool in it's self, but, that's not it. She comes up with some really cool ideas, you need to go and check out her blog, http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/ 
OK, since she likes to use usual items, and re-do/make them to fit her purpose, she needed something to use as counter-tops for the studio. It needed to tough, needed to be useful, and, most of all, looked good. 
While looking through Craig's List she came across 
the perfect things to use.....
BOWLING ALLEYS!!!!!
Yep, Bowling alleys. Needless so say, when I heard about it, I just had to have a couple (three) of my own. This is what my new kitchen island, and, a 10 foot table looks like. 
This is what they looked like when we got them. 
 Each piece is 10'2" long and 42" wide, and, I have Three.....
 We had to rent a lift to get them out of the trailer, these thing weigh a ton, and, a floor sander. 
I'm pretty lucky I have a hubby that puts up with my craziness. 
 All lined up and ready to get sanded. 
 On down and two to go. 
 Talk about a MESS, we made a huge MESS. I don't know how anyone could re-sand their floors inside and clean up this kind of mess. This is what the bag on the sander DIDN'T pick up. 

 All I can say, this was all worth it.
Here they are, all sanded and back in the garage waiting to be installed.  
Are they not cool or what!!!!


Now, all I have to do is, wait!!!
I'm waiting to get them cut down and installed. 
Waiting for my new cook top. 
Waiting for the new built in's. 
Waiting to paint the cabinets. 
Waiting, I hate waiting. 
Should be somewhere towards the end of July, I hope. 
That's all I got for now. I will add pics of all the progress, with both the kitchen and my quilt. 

4 comments:

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

You are so lucky to have a handy husband to help you out. How sweet! Quilt looks sweet too!

Sharon said...

What a fabulous way to repurpose those floors, excellent! I love your circular geese and can't wait to see the blk/white/red when it's all quilted and bound, You have great things going on here,

Joanne Grimes said...

thinkin outside the box. love it!

Anonymous said...

i sure wish you get a moment to start blogging again soon