Thursday, November 4, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 3

Oops, I forgot to post yesterday, so, I am making it up now. I will still have 30 posts in 30 day, just not everyday posts. Hey, I am trying and that's the best I can do.

So, what happened yesterday? Good question, I'm still trying to remember. It's the pitts getting old and you can't remember from one day to the next what you did the day before!
Ok, OK, I'm not that bad, YET, but, I'm getting there. lol
(let's hope it's a slow, long journey, I'm not in any hurry to get there).

As far as what I got done yesterday, not much. This seems to be my MO lately, just can't seem to get motivated. I did finish part of the painting in the bathroom, still have the top half to paint, but, at least I am getting closer to the end. I am in hopes to have it completed this weekend. If I keep up this pace (slow) by the time I finish it, it's going to be time to re-do it all over again. lol
OK, enough of me.

I have some exciting news to share with you guys. My niece, Ashley, the amazing little crafter that she is, has been featured in this months Women's Day magazine!!! How cool is that???? She has also been asked to be a feature contributor on the Design Sponge website. Again, how cool is that? Her blog is known world wide and is growing like wild fire. She has more talent in her little finger's than most have in their whole body. I know that sounds corny, but, it's true. She can take something as simple as yard sticks and make the most incredible back splash you ever seen. She's used an old wire basket and transformed it into a light fixture for her kitchen. You guys have asked about the little girls bedroom I have posted here on my blog (pic at the end of this posting) showing the quilt I made Breese, well, Ashley did all that. I could go on and on about all the cool stuff she has done, but, I think you should check it out for yourself.
You won't be disappointed, I promise.

Her blog is called, Under the Sycamore, and here's the site address. http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/

When you visit, let her know her very Proud, Aunt Sandy, sent you.

You can also check out Design Sponge at:
Ashley was the guest blogger yesterday.

Well, I think I made up for not posting yesterday and gave you something to check out as well.
It's time for me to get off this thing and get some work done.

Have a great day.
Sandy



2 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congratulations to Ashley for being featured in a magazine! Your niece is very talented.

Brooke said...

Aunt Sandy, I found you through Ashley Ann...and I am a blog friend of hers. In other words, I have been stalking her awesome design blog for years!! She is so real and just an inspiration! I, too, love ministry, children, Amy Butler, etc, etc. But I had to check your site out because Ashley Ann always says that her awesome AUNT SANDY makes her quilts!! And I am dying for a beautiful Amy butler quilt for the baby boy I am going to bring home from Ethiopia. Do you sell them? Because her quilts that you made...are just breathtaking!!!! I have been admiring them for years!!! If not, just consider this a nice hello...from one of Ashley's blog admirers :)