Thursday, November 4, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 4

This is getting kind a fun, posting every day. Who'd a thought???

I got back to my sewing machine today and did some sewing and quilting.
Have to tell you, it felt good to be sewing again. Still not finished with the painting in the bathroom, but, you know what? it can just wait.

It's time to dust the sewing machine off and get with the program!!!
I'm doing some machine quilting on a couple of my UFQ's.
I call them UFQ's, unfinished quilts, instead of UFO's, they're quilts, not objects.

I had to correct a mistake I made on one of my finished tops (I thought it was finished, so much for thinking). Yes, I made a good one. I had one row of my Shadow quilt upside down!!
A friend came by the house this past weekend and found it right off the bat.
I've looked at the top hundreds of times and never caught it.
Sure am glad she found it before I started quilting it. Thanks Viki, great eye.

Here's hoping today's sewing ignites the proverbial quilting fire in me and gets
me off my butt so I can finish my other UFQ's,
which seem to continue to grow along with my fabric. They must be part rabbit!!!

2 comments:

DD Lindsey said...

You continue to make me chuckle. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some more finished quilts from you...love your style (and your humor) and hey, I've had some trouble finding conduit that fits the rod ends for my Lynn. Can I ask where you were able to find it?

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You go get 'em girl!