Friday, November 14, 2014

Trying to get back to living life.

Don't know who, or, how many read my postings, but, I'm trying to get back in the groove. Would love to hear from you if you're reading my blog. It's always nice to know someone out there enjoys what I post.

I know I have said this too many times on this blog, I'm back. For some strange reason, I just can't seem to post on a consistent basis.  I post, then, it's months before I post again. Life just seemed to get in the way the past couple of years.  I get side tracked, something I'm really, really good at. Family, home, friends, and, life gets in my way of posting on my blog. I can come up with all kinds of excuses not to post. I sure I'm not the only one that does that.
When I first started my blog, a couple of years ago, I was in the midst's of marathon quilting phase. All I thought about, quilting, fabric, and, how to get my hands on more fabric, and, finding more time for sewing more quilts. I have managed to stock pile yards, upon yards, upon yards, of fabric. Every nook and cranny in the house is fabric. Trust me, that is an understatement. There is enough fabric stockpiled, I could open up a fabric store, (ok, that might be a little exaggerated, but, it comes close to the truth).  Here's a small amount of my fabric.




Yes, they are on small little bolts, in fabric manufacture order in the hall closet (top photo). Some of the over flow, and, some of my solids in the office. This is enough fabric to show right now, not, showing a couple (several) tots hidden around the house, and, garage.
 I'm admitting:
I'm a Fabric Addict.
I have OCD
It's been about a year since I've sewn, or, quilted. Life seemed to get in the way. Redoing my house, got in the way. I'm here to tell you, the house is almost where I want it, (ok, that will never happen).  Working non stop for the past year getting Dad's Estate in order, and, ready to finish up within the month. Talk about a LONG year, longest one of my life. Still coping with losing Dad last October, but, I know he would be proud of the way my Brother, and, I got in there, and, took care of business. It's been a long, and, hard journey. One that is a double edged sword, happy to know our hard work is coming to a close, sad to think it's almost over. Like the ole saying, life goes on.

Update on how the house redoing is going. I now have my LONG awaited hardwood floors. YEAH. Tore down the rest of the wall between the dining room, and, living room. Put the hardwoods down, added new molding to finis out the wall. IT'S BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE THEM.

In midst's of removing the carpet. Too fun!! (1st pic) Dinning room, floors down (2nd pic),  Living room almost back to normal, (3rd pic)
































Yep, I'm one happy camper. You know how one thing leads to another?  I live that saying!! Just
ordered a new L shaped couch,  an old cart style (industrial with wheels) coffee table. Well, wouldn't you know it, need a new rug to go with the new stuff. This rug in the living room is going back to the kitchen to show off my newly upholstered chairs. They are still a work in progress. Here's a pic of the new fabric I'm putting on the chairs. Then it's on to the fireplace. Yep, it's getting a facelift too. LOVE IT.

The new fabric is on the left, old is on the right. Needless to say, the new fabric it a bit wilder than the old fabric. One chair down, 4 more to go.

 Well, that's what I've been doing. I have kept busy, and, still have a couple little things to complete this makeover, then, on to getting back to quilting. Sadly, with the Holidays coming up, looks like the first of the year before my quilting gets back on track.

3 comments:

Val said...

It's nice to know how it's going. I've been so out of touch lately. I love the newly remodeled house (and fabric and chairs.) I'll have to come over sometime and admire it in person! I've still been quilting, not so much for me, but quilting for customers. I've got it all done except for one quilt that I've almost finished, then it's on to quilting for me, again! Glad it is going well for you and I will look forward to seeing you soon!!

Anonymous said...

All you alls hard work has really paid off. Can't wait to see it in person.
Love your wild colors on chairs!
It is hard dealing with the loss of a parent and estate.
Will be happy for you when you can get your creative quilting talents back to work.
Love and miss you !
Loretta Sue Brown Hudson

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

Such a beautiful colorful stash! And how fun to see your environment transform. Best to you in 2015!