Sunday, February 15, 2015

Yeah I know, I'm back.......once AGAIN.

Just checked my blog, and noticed it's been since November since I've updated it. So, here goes. In the last posting I was so proud of my new wood floors. They looked great, ok, not so GREAT.  In December I noticed gaps forming in between the boards. NOT GOOD. That was just the beginning of my floor nightmare. When I contacted Lowe's, they installed them, and, informed them of my problems, which also included the floor lifting up in several places, the fun began. Needless to say, I still have the floors, still have the gaps, and, still of the lifting. First they sent the installers back out to redo the floors, close the gaps, and, find out why the floor is lifting up. They uninstalled the floor 2/3rds of the way, when they started to notice most of the boards were warped. Yes warped. They bow up like a summer rainbow. Contacted Lowe's, informed them, and, they told the installers to bundle the wood up, and, return it to the store. Which they started to do. Ten minutes later, Lowe's told them to reinstall the floor. REALLY. Really. Per Lowe's, they had to get an inspector from Bruce Flooring to check out the floor for possible defects. Yep, you know where this is going. Inspector came, inspected, checked, took pictures, and, left. I asked him a couple of times what he was doing, and, what he was finding, you are going to love this, he told me he couldn't tell me, or, show me what he was doing, or, what his findings were. TOP SECRECT I suppose. STUPID if you ask me.
Anyhow, per his report, which Lowe's showed me, my floors are WET. What the heck is that????? My floors are not WET. But, he does work for Bruce, and, there was NO way he was going to say the floors were defected. No brainer there. So, now this problem is with Lowe's Legal/Insurance Dept. in N.C. I had the pleasure (not really) of speaking with David Carpenter from that Dept. two weeks ago. The first time was OK, he seemed like he wanted to get this taken care of FAST. All I want is to get my money back, and, this floor out of my house. He said he should be able to have it taken care of pretty quickly. That was on Friday. Monday afternoon I called the store in Tulsa to check on the progress. The manager told me he had not heard from David Carpenter, and, they gave me David's phone number. When I called he was away from his office, so, I left a message. I told him I was confused, Tulsa was giving me a complete different story than what he told me Friday. I said I felt like I was getting the run around from the Tulsa store, and, would appreciate it if he would call me back. OH, HE CALLED ME BACK ALRIGHT. When I answered the phone, he jumped me right off the bat. Yelling, and, telling me HE WAS NOT GIVING ME THE RUNNING AROUND AND I WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING TO ANYONE IN THE TULSA STORE.  He was the rudest person I have ever had the pleasure of talking with. He even had the nerve to say good bye, and, hang up on me.
Since I always follow directions, and, listened to everything David Carpenter said, I got in touch with the district manager over the Tulsa store. Yep, I listened to David Carpenter about not contacting Lowe's, but, the heck does he think he is??????
Long story (this is only part of it) short. I still have the floors down, Lowe's district manager came out to check out the floors for himself Friday, he was shocked at the shape of the floors. He is going to call Mr. David Carpenter Monday (tomorrow), to discuss it, and, TRY to get this thing taken care of next week. So, I'm giving them till the end of this week to resolve this matter, or, I will be getting in touch with a lawyer. I'm sure Mr. Carpenter will NOT be happy I talked with the Tulsa store, he won't be happy when the District manager calls him, and, I'm sure I will get another pleasant call from him. BRING IT ON BIG BOY, I'M READY, AND, I'M WAITING FOR YOU.

Enough of that crap for now. Other than that, I've gotten the hall, front room, dinning room, painted. They delivered my new L sectional and coffee table, hated them, they came and got them the next day. I ordered a replacement sofa, and, two recliners that should be here in about 6 weeks.

What else can go wrong??? Don't ask.

I still haven't been able to get to my sewing machine, but, I am SO looking forward to sitting down, sewing the heck out of some of my fabric, and, relaxing at the cutting table.

Thanks for listening to me rant, and, rave. Keep your fingers crossed that everything falls into place in the next couple of weeks. If you happen to feel the earth shake next week, don't worry, it's not an earthquake, it will be me screaming, and, jumping up and down in total frustration with David Carpenter when he hangs up on me again.

Have a good week, and, I hope you leave me a comment, I really love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I could not reply to your comment you left on my blog (Meadow Mist Designs) because you are a no-reply blogger but I wanted to say thank you so much for your kind comments, they made my day!