Then it was on to the front room and dinning room. We knocked down the half wall between the two rooms to open up the space. Added engineered wood floors from Lowe's which turned into a nightmare. The flooring warped and gaps between the boards was not going to work. Long story short, it took me 5 months to get that flooring removed and to get my money back. Needless to say, no more Lowe's for me.
The best part of that mess, we got a REAL wood floors installed. They are beautiful.
This is the mess we lived in for a couple of months.
One half way gone, one more to go. Note the floors, or, lack of floors after we got Lowe's to remove the damaged flooring.
Wall's gone. Note the fireplace and fabric on the chairs. They don't look like now.
Finished project. New floors, paint, reupholstered chair and that FIREPLACE. WOW. I love it when a plan comes together.
I also took on my red bedroom. I'll show that room later.
As you can see, I've been one busy lady. The bad part about home remodeling, you don't have time for sewing. I haven't had my sewing machine out this whole time. Yep, over a year and half of not sewing. I did get both of my machines cleaned and serviced, so, they are ready to get with the program. All I have to do is get my groove back (lost my drive for some reason), and get my creative juices flowing. I have two more quilts to finish for my Grand Nieces (I started over a year ago), two down, two to go. I also have a quilt to make for my soon to be here Grand Nephew. I also have some accent pieces, pillows, and, such for the living room and bedroom.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. I would love to hear from you.