Sunday, September 18, 2011

Where have I been??

Now that's a good question, and, thanks for checking on me.
It's been one whale of a rollercoaster ride these past couple of months.
Lets see if I can fill you in a bit.
No, I haven't dropped off the edge of the earth, even though a couple of
times I wish I could. All is OK, or, will be OK, here in Skiatook, OK.
Sadley, I haven't been quilting too much, but, I am sure hoping that is going
to change really quick. (It can't get much slower, or, there will be NO quilting
and I sure don't want that!!)
I've had a couple of little health scares, but, ALL IS GREAT, thank goodness. That
slowed me down a bit, and it's been hard getting back into the swing of things.
Like I said, that should change soon. Our car club wants me to do a couple of
t-shirt quilts for an auction in December, this should get me motivated!!!
Since I last blogged, I am now the Pres of our Owasso Quilting Guild, don't tell
anyone, but, I'm really have fun doing it. Our board has come up with some really
great and fun things for our members and I can't wait to get them started. It's
a good thing!!!!
The other major thing we have delt with, and, still dealing with, is the death of hubby's
Mom. It was pretty much of a shock and a pretty big blow to his family. She had been
in and out of the Hospital since April, but, never could figure out what was wrong.
When they did, it was pretty much too late. David and his brother are working on
getting the house and car ready to sale and trying to make sure all the paperwork
is in order and the bills are paid. Have to tell you, this has not be a fun time for David,
but, he's doing good and taking care of business.
So, now you know what's been going on around here, (the short and sweet version),
life is trying to get back to normal, but, since that's one thing I have never been,
(normal), it might take me longer than most. lol
Again, thanks so much for checking in on my world, it means a great deal to me
that I have such great friends, and, quilting buddies.
I promise you, I will try to post more often and get to sewing so I have something
to post about.

1 comment:

bernie said...

Glad to hear from you. So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It is so hard to lose a parent, my prayers are with you all. Bernie