Monday, January 16, 2012

Winning..........Winning..........Winning

It's hard to believe it was 11 years ago this month I was told I had Cancer.
Seems so long ago, yet, like yesterday. Talk about turning your world upside down, inside out and back again. They (the Doctors) put me through the ringer and pushed my body and soul to the limit. Being cut from stem to stern, 3 times, radiation, once, chemo 3 times and can't tell you how many CT's, MRI's, PET scans I've had. I've been poked, prodded and scoped for a life time over the past 11 years. But, I made it, don't know how, chances were not in my favor, that's for sure. Guess the big "C" just didn't know who it was messing with. I found out just how strong and stubborned I could be. I WON!! Winning!!!! (little Charlie Sheen humor). I WON again 8 years ago when the Cancer came back. Winning!!! And, I WON, yet again, 5 years ago, when they found the bladder Cancer. Winning!!!! (got to love Charlie).
So, according to all the Medical texts and all the Cancer info out there, after 5 years, and, NO sign of the ugly little "C" (@#%$), you are considered......
CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!
Let's have a party!!!!!!!
Thanks to all the prayers, good wishes, great friends, and, an amazing family, I'm still here.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Woohoo! Winning!

Quilting Corner said...

Such wonderful news. You are terrific.

Sharon said...

Whoohoo to WINNING, I'm winning too, but so far only 3 years! I can't wait to see your liberated pieces, 2010 was my first venture into this type of piecing and I LOVE it!

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

FANTASTIC! CONGRATULATIONS - so much joy for life in this post!