Sunday, November 1, 2009

Starting a New Room re-do.

I am off and running with a NEW project, the office. Hubby thinks I have lost my mind.

We have been in this house for a little over 6 years and I have never liked the dark wood panels on the walls. As you can see it's really great workmanship, but, not my style. The former owners had this house custom built back in the 80's and didn't scimp on details. But, it's time for a change!!!!!!!!!!! Besides, this is the only room I have not messed with, YET!



Most of the paneling is GONE. Yeah. I have to tell you, I had so much fun distoring this room, but, what a mess to clean up. I did get Hubby to help with removing of wood. Don't think he was too happy with me at this point, but, he will get over it once I get the room finished. (I hope, lol)
I have to admit, it's already looking better. Next step, mudding all the walls. I can't believe all the glue they used! I was not prepared for this much work! But on the bright side, I have a bunch of good wood panels to make another project with. Ok, that's a whole new adventure and I guess I better finish this one first.


Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you (and hubby at the time) I am replacing the floor too! As they say, one good thing leads to another.
This project may take a LITTLE longer than I thought. I will keep you informed.

No comments: