Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trying to catch up.


Yeah, I know, I'm still not keeping up with the blog postings, but, I'm trying and I have been busy!!

Been sewing a bit over the past couple of weeks, not to mention, I am still hand quilting the big King Size quilt, spiked with color. So, I'm not sitting around watching TV and eating bon-bons. Although, that would be nice ever so often.

Anyway, here are a couple of the things I have been working on:

This is the front of the baby quilt I am doing for my niece, Lesley's baby girl due to arrive around the end of July.

A friend of mine (thanks Vicki) gave me several cross stitched blocks she had done and told me I could do what I wanted with them. So, here is the first quilt from them.


Lesley picked out most of the fabric from my ever growing stash, then I worked on the layout and added a couple more fabrics to the mix.
This quilt, front and back (pic to follow), are ready for the Flynn Frame.
I am hoping to get this one, at least, partly quilted before Wed of this week.
We shall see.

I love bright colors, or, can you tell!

Next Quilt
I saw this flannel fabric at Hancock's and fell in love with, but, had no idea what I would do with it. I just knew I had to have it. Low and behold, a new baby is on the way and I had the perfect fabric to use. It just so happened, in the quilting class I was taking, she wanted us to make a rag quilt to show us how to quilt via the embroidery attachment. Now, I call that perfect timing. Sadly, I didn't purchase enough of the large floral print, and I could find it anywhere. The fabric was no longer a stock item.
So, the hunt was on.
Website after website, no luck.
Just when I was about to give up,
I received an email about a new fabric shop on line.
Yep, they had it and the other coordinating fabric.
I was in business.

I really love this RAG quilt.
Here's one of the quilting designs we learned in class.


Here's a couple other tops I have been working on over the past couple of weeks.
Enjoy.


Shadow quilt top.

ZIG ZAG







1 comment:

Vesuviusmama said...

Such beautiful tops! And another rag quilt is definitely in my future. Yours is lovely!